Posted October 15, 2020
Birchwood has an exciting opening for General Manager, Birchwood Kia West. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong sales driven leader looking to be part of a high-energy and diverse dealership. Primary responsibilities include communication and execution of key dealership strategies, diligent review of P & L within the brand, and an active force in driving performance through that dealership. The successful candidate will be a proven leader, committed to excellence and high performance, and will exemplify the Birchwood mission including employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Leadership – Provides leadership to Birchwood Kia West team. Participates as a full member of the leadership team at Birchwood, supporting a respectful, positive and team oriented working environment.
- Customer Service – Makes exceptional customer service a priority within the dealership. Monitors and follows up on feedback from customers. Acts quickly on escalated customer problems and complaints.
- Sales and Performance – Establishes annual targets for the dealership based on market conditions, competitive knowledge and the company’s overall targets. Monitors progress on the key performance indicators and holds management accountable when performance falls below target. Looks for opportunities to improve performance by innovating and continually increasing the effectiveness of the business’s systems and practices.
- Planning – Establishes and executes a strategic direction for the Kia brand. Works collaboratively with the Executive team developing an annual operating plan which translates the strategy into action. Regularly reviews and refines the strategy and operating plan based on changing market influences.
- Administration – Monitors Birchwood Kia West’s financial statements. Develops policies and practices which meet dealership needs while complying with industry, company and regulatory requirements.
- Facility Management – Working with Birchwood Real Estate, ensures that the facility offers customers an exceptional experience.
Essential Skills / Details
- Completed Post-Secondary Education in business-related field or equivalent certification from Georgian College Automotive Dealership Management course (would consider applicants who plan to complete Georgian College certificate in the next two years)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in automotive sales, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to engage team members and create a high performing, team-oriented, and engaging working environment.
- The ability to determine customer needs, an understanding of customer service principles and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience developing, reviewing, and continuously improving internal processes & procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in leading and managing project work and delegating project-based workloads.
- Strong relationship management skills built on negotiation, communication and conflict resolution.
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.