© 2020 Birchwood
All prices are plus applicable taxes. Dealer permit #4176
Posted November 6, 2020
TSI Innovations is looking for a motivated, energetic, outgoing, and entrepreneurial individual with excellent communication skills to lead a dynamic and ever-challenging project team. This position is best suited for an individual who thrives in a challenging and rewarding environment where change happens daily.
The successful candidate will deliver the highest level of customer service to all Birchwood's internal stakeholders, focusing on the objectives of customer satisfaction, growing revenue, and achieving profit targets.
Your responsibility as a Development Manager would be to lead our development team, meet with project stakeholders, mentor and guide, push for new and creative software ideas, prioritize new feature requests, test and accept user stories, and manage and schedule sprints.
● Develop new and maintain existing internal development initiatives for the Birchwood retail operations, and the Birchwood Reconditioning Centre.
● Monitoring the performance of software to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
● Diagnosing/troubleshooting internally developed web software related problems, and perform preventive maintenance.
● Ability to generate and run test cases from requirements and technical specifications.
● Communicating technical guidance and instructions to users on the use of our applications, systems, and processes.
● Work on n-tier applications deployed in a cloud infrastructure based on Amazon Web Services.
● Collaborate within a dedicated team environment.
● Communicating effectively orally and in writing and establishing cooperative working relationships with staff, external clients, and contractors.
● Completed post-secondary education in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience in application development.
● Minimum of 3 years experience within the field of application development project management, enterprise application development, or software design.
● Strong planning, organizing, and project management skills with a proven track record of developing large software solutions and integration projects in a variety of environments.
● Advanced knowledge of software development standards.
● Experience working with applications developed in an MVC design pattern and experience writing unit tests.
● An excellent understanding of MySQL relational databases and the ability to diagnose/troubleshoot related issues.
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and delegate project-based workloads.
● Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate individual performance while creating a positive, enthusiastic, mutually supportive, and engaged team.
● Well-developed relationship management abilities built on communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution especially working remotely.
● A strong customer focus with an understanding of customer service principles and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
● Valid 5F drivers license, clear drivers abstract and own transportation to and from work is required
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 23 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We’re a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement and generosity.
To be discussed during interview process.
Birchwood Kia On Regent