With growing concerns around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to share the actions Birchwood is taking to ensure our facilities are clean and safe for you, our team members and the communities in which we service. While no cases have been reported at any of our locations, we remain committed to our customers and will continue to provide both sales and service of vehicles to the highest levels of customer experience we set for ourselves. We are open for business, and continue to be a safe place for you to visit.
Your Safety – In response to the COVID-19 we have taken additional safety measures, following the lead of Canadian and local public health authorities to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our teams, including:
- Health and Safety Officers – Officers assigned to all dealerships, responsible for reporting and guidance to ensure the best standard of cleanliness and staff health safety practices.
- In-Store Community Safety Information – Community safety communications plan in all dealerships, including government issued safety handouts, outlining safety, detection, prevention and best practices. Also available on company websites and social media.
- Sanitization Plan – Increased sanitization of all high-traffic area touchpoints within all dealerships multiple times a day, plus professional daytime cleaning service during peak times and nightly cleaning.
- Loaners and Test-Drive Vehicle Preparation – All hard and soft surfaces inside service car loaners and test-drive vehicles are vacuumed and wiped down each time a guest or staff associate uses a vehicle.
- Service Work Preparation – Guest vehicles for service in-store are outfitted with seat protectors prior to maintenance or repair work, wiped clean in all areas, plus all Birchwood technicians are required to wear disposable gloves to work on vehicles.
- Sanitizer Locations – Additional hand sanitizer dispensers and locations in all dealerships for guests and staff associates to sanitize hands throughout the day.
- Discontinuation of Shared Foods – All complimentary and shared guest café fruits and pastry snacks are temporarily removed.
- Test Drives and Valet Service – Increased out-of-dealership test drives and vehicle maintenance valet pickup services are offered. Check with individual dealerships.
- Travel Restriction – No unnecessary business travel by staff associates. Staff are required to advise personal travel destinations so the company can make necessary arrangements.
- Hand Etiquette – As outlined by health officials, Birchwood staff associates practice frequent hand washing and refrain from hand shaking.
With these measures, we are committed to the safety and well-being of all guests and associates. Birchwood continues to closely monitor government updates and remains proactive in navigating the developments of COVID-19. For National and local updates, I encourage you to visit the resource links below:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these rapidly changing times. Together, I am confident that we can address the challenges of today as we prepare for the future. We are open for business as usual, and we will continue to work hard to earn your trust and loyalty. On behalf of everyone at Birchwood, I look forward to welcoming you to our dealerships very soon.
President & CEO Birchwood Automotive Group